[Towertalk] Burying Coax in Conduit Trench

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Burying Coax in Conduit Trench
From: kg6ok@pacbell.net (Herb Rosenberg)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 05:25:53 +0000
I am considering running a 30 foot trench from the base of my tower to my
ham shack for my coaxial cables, and would like to here comments /
suggestions from anyone that has done this before, on things to do / not do,
etc.

All of my cables are 9913, and I have a bundle of about 8 feedlines.

I am thinking about a 4 (four) inch conduit pipe, and wondering about a few
things:  (BTW,
I live in Southern California)

How deep should the trench be below ground?

What kind of pipe is best to use?

Should I drill holes in the bottom side of the pipe so water can drain out?

Should I place some gravel on the top of the trench before I lay the pipe on
top, and cover it, to help with drainage?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks for your help.

Herb - KG6OK