Re: [TowerTalk] Ground rod connection: Cadweld or ????

To: "Bob Kellow, W5LT" <W5LT@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground rod connection: Cadweld or ????
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 05:44:34 +0000
Bob:

     I used Cadweld's One-Shots for my ground system.  These are single-use
ceramic molds and powder shots, rather than the heavy-duty clamp and mold
system of large commercial jobs.

     I got my one-shots from The RF Connection near my home QTH (full
disclosure: Joel of RFC and I are both members of PVRC, if that means
anything.)  I believe they cost me around $8 per connection.

     I couldn't think of an alternative that comes close to Cadwelding for
ground rod and wire connections.  If you want pricing from RFC, go to
www.therfc.com and check out grounding.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: "Bob Kellow, W5LT" <W5LT@comcast.net>