[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotator connector source

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu rotator connector source
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:56:27 -0500
Warning... this is from "eye ball" observation and I haven't ordered any to
check...

The 7-pin connector appears to be a series "JR" connector (Japanese Round)
with a size "16" shell.  The general part number for a waterproof 7-pin,
size 16 shell plug, with solder socket pins is: "JR16WP-7S".  Digikey stocks
the Hirose brand as their part number HR914-ND at $15.30 each.  You will
also need the cable strain relief clamp which is Hirose # JR16WCCA-x where x
is the cable diameter, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 mm.  The Digikey number is
HR100x-ND where x is 3 for 4 mm., 4 for 6 mm., 5 for 8 mm.,... , 7 for 12
mm. and the cost is $7.22 each for a total of $22.52 per connector set.
The non-waterproof series includes the strain relief and runs about $7
cheaper in total.
See <http://www.hirose.co.jp/cataloge_hp/e11420015.pdf>
and <http://www.digikey.com>.

Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:56:05 -0400
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
To: K7LXC@aol.com
Cc: towertalk@contesting.com

In the first posting of this message, I should have included AIP's phone
number:  1-304-733-4018.

73, Joe

Steve, before you had posted your message, I had asked for a quote on
various quantities from Advanced Industrial Products WV office.  They
(Kim) got back to me this morning and quoted $11.50 each irrespective of
quantity.  There was a four week lead time required.  I was surprised
that there was no quantity discount.  If you're dealing directly with
Japan, you may get a better price.

I gathered from what W9AE had said that there were other US
distributors.  But for someone who simply wants one or two units, AIP
seems willing to provide them at more than a 75% savings relative to Yaesu.

73, Joe
K2XX