Re: [TowerTalk] State Farm Insurance Claim Experiences

To: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] State Farm Insurance Claim Experiences
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 01:10:31 -0400
When we had a big ice storm I lost my tower and antenna.

NUMBER ONE BIG HELP WAS MY LOCAL INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT. He helped me
through the whole process and we obtained full compensation.

I did obtain an estimate from a local tower company, which included the cost
of tower, tower installation and antenna installation. Since my antenna was
home brew I included a picture of it and a commercial catalogue picture and
price for something similar in size and complexity.

Keep in mind that the insurance company is compensating you for your loss
and you should be free to spend that compensation however you please whether
it's for a new antenna or a new car unless your policy stipulates something
different.

Gene / W2LU