[TowerTalk] REMOTE TOWER MOTOR CONTROL

To: "<towertalk@contesting.com>" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] REMOTE TOWER MOTOR CONTROL
From: "Dale M. Schwartz" <dale@immlawfirm.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 01:54:55 +0000
I have a 60' motorized tilt-over US Tower "flagpole" which has the remote
control accessory. I never use it from inside the house, as I must position the
SteppIR exactly in the right direction, or I can hit the roof of my house on
the way down. So I take the remote unit outside and plug in in and lower the
tower while eyeballing the beam.
     Someone suggested getting an outdoor day/night security camera and
mounting it on the eave of the roof. Also turning one of the outside lights on
the back corner of the house toward the tower. Then I could lower the tower
while watching on the CRT monitor.
    Has anyone tried this? Suggestions?
            Dale.  K4ROZ