[Towertalk] Ref: Fiberglass Mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ref: Fiberglass Mast
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 01:07:25 -0700
Ed,

Don't forget that if you run feedlines up the fiberglass mast past your
lower antennas to get to the higher antennas, then you will to some
extent defeat the purpose of having a nonconductive mast as the
antennas won't be able to tell the difference between a metal cable
and a metal mast. Fiberglass masts are generally used for stacking
horizontally polarized  antennas side by side. In this case the feedlines
are dropped off the back of the antennas vertically for some distance
so as not to interfere with the pattern of the horizontally polarized
antennas. The fiberglass prevents the cross boom from looking like
a horizontally polarized antenna element.

73 de Mike, W4EF...........