Re: [TowerTalk] TIC 1048 capacity

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC 1048 capacity
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 02:54:00 -0000
I would say probably. I turn a homebrew 6el 20m OWA on a 60 ft boom that
also has two interlaced 40m shortened elements with a very old TIC 1032 but
I doubt my antenna weighs 300 pounds. There are much stronger ring rotators
manufactured if you have doubts about the TIC. Also I wonder why your 48
foot boom 20m antenna weighs 300 pounds. FWIW a 5el 20m OWA can be built
using the same 48 ft boom length if you wanted to save some element weight.

John KK9A

Charles Morrison Callsign unknown wrote:

Can a two-motor TIC 1048 safely handle a 48ft boom 6L20 that weighs 300 lbs
?