[TowerTalk] Rotator cage design

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator cage design
From: "Rick Kiessig" <kiessig@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:02:12 +1200
I understand that rotators are not designed to handle lateral loads, and
that I should therefore have the rotator on one shelf, then a second shelf
above that with a radial support bearing on it, to handle the lateral loads.
The most likely antenna at the moment (still a moving target) weighs 29kg,
with a 7.2 sq ft wind load and a 6m turning radius. Kurt K7NV suggested
welding two plates on the side of my pole/tower, at the top, a few feet
apart. Does anyone know of existing designs/drawings for that kind of thing?

73, Rick ZL2HAM