[TowerTalk] Orion Problem

To: w3kl@w3kl.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Orion Problem
From: jcowens1@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 16:01:11 +0000
Jeff:

Hard to tell what caused the problem. Sometimes noise on the wires going to the
rotator can cause this kind of hiccup. I think you are OK as long as you
program the display reading to match the actual position of the rotator (Mode
1). I have had similar problems and I will rotate the antennas to true north
and then program the diplay reading to 0DEG and all is fine from then on. There
are mechanical limit switches to prevent any over-rotation so you don't have to
worry about that.

John Owens - N7TK.