Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing re-grease

To: 'Wayne Kline' <w3ea@hotmail.com>, k7lxc@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com, draxfelton@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing re-grease
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 14:49:30 -0600
Very interesting mainly because the current 'wisdom' re the TB-3 and
TB-4 thrust bearings is to not grease or oil them ... run them dry.  So
now we have a conundrum. I have run mine dry from the beginning as
advised.  But I am beginning to lean towards lubrication.  But
sparingly.  A light application of a light oil or light grease
(snowmobile) might be the answer.

Doug