[TowerTalk] 40M beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M beam
From: mark@concertart.com (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Thu Jan 30 17:51:22 2003
Robert, I built these a couple months ago:

http://home.swbell.net/swca/radio/New40s.JPG
http://home.swbell.net/swca/radio/JA40.JPG
http://home.swbell.net/swca/radio/EU40.JPG

They have a small amount of loading coil on them so they will clear the guys
when turning.  They are *nearly* full sized.  One is made from Force 12
elements, one is made from HyGain elements.  I added about 16 feet in the
center of each.  Element length is more like 58-60 feet.  Reflector to
Director is about 38 feet (I used 44' booms because I will add 20M elements
later [4-el on 44']).  Booms are 3".  The inner 30 feet are .125" wall and
the outer 7' on each end is KLM boom.  There is a lot of Phillystran holding
up the boom and elements.  They have weathered an ice storm with 1 radial
inch of ice.

The water tower in the big photo of both yagis is 100 feet tall.

Anyway, if you would like to know more, let me know.

Mark, N5OT