Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain T2X rotor loading questions.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain T2X rotor loading questions.
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:28:07 -0500
I have 16sq ft on a new T2X.  The entire thing (tower, beams, etc. ) have
only been up since November so I can't give any long term reports.  But, it
has already seen 40 to 50mph winds that lasted for days.  Saturday we had
freezing rain in the afternoon which iced things up nicely, then 50 to 60mph
winds all night (not tapering off to 25mph winds until Sunday night).

Although its only been a few months, I've been quite surprised.   I bought
the T2X before I decided to add the OB2-40 above the 4 element SteppIR.  Had
I planned to have 16sq ft. I would have gone with something beefier.  But, I
had already purchased it, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Every day that we've had high winds I've expected to have a problem with it.
But, so far so good!  Saturday's conditions were about as bad as it gets
here so maybe it'll be ok.

Tom, NI1N