Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower bracing rubbing against cable

To: "Justin Whitstine" <powdermnky007@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower bracing rubbing against cable
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:06:53 -0700
Justin Whitstine wrote:
> I have no experience at all.  But, I would think securing a piece of
> teflon or delrin to the tower would be a better way of accomplishing your
> goals.  Bending the tower supports doesn't seem like the safest idea.

The brace was pushing the cable into the pulley housing and wearing
a groove into that as well.  Putting a band aid over the brace would
have made that problem worse and it was not possible to put a band
aid on the pulley housing.  Safety wise, I am not worried at all about
bending a brace back to where it should have been in the first place.

Rick N6RK