[TowerTalk] Trucking/shipping towers and antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trucking/shipping towers and antennas
From: "Barkey, Patrick M." <pbarkey@bsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:55:02 -0500
I need to move a lot of tower and antennas (many 24 foot pieces )
2000 miles west.  I have some limited experience doing this with

much smaller amounts of material.  I looked into a lot of options,

but finally went with commercial trucking companies and paid

big bucks.

I'd like to hear from others with experience doing this.  I know

there are web sites where you can advertise loads, but much of

the terminology is foreign to me, and I didn't have much luck
with them in the past.

I am talking about shipping about 450 feet of tower (most hand
load-able) and perhaps 1500-2000 lbs of aluminum, with many

other pieces of assorted hardware.

I will try to summarize answers back here.  Thanks.

  - Pat
    N9RV