[TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM470 Limit Switches

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM470 Limit Switches
From: "Larry Essary" <larry@pulse.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:20:12 -0500
Thanks to all that have posted and sent to me directly photos and information.

What I can conclude is that there are SEVERAL variations of the LM-470 tower.
The base I ordered from Tashian didn't fit and that is a story of its own.

The photos that people have sent show differences in the assembly of the lower
section.
The tower I have is even different from all of those in photos sent to me..

After reviewing photos and drawings its clear that my bottom limit switch could
have never been mounted to this particular tower.
The upper switch fits as it should based on supplied photos.

I could not tell you the tens of hours I have into refurbishing this tower.
Third party mechanical analysis to determine ACTUAL wind ratings,
cold galvanizing surfaces, removing rust for all hardware, making cables and
re-stringing, seeking information on and mounting limit switches,
motor control box wiring, replacing molex connectors, freeing a stuck bearing,
and I fear, in the last step, a bad motor and gear box.

I plan to do a write up on this when finished and will post a link to the list.

Thanks again to all that provided me with information, photos, and drawings

Larry K5XG