Re: [TowerTalk] Busting a Pileup

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Busting a Pileup
From: David Aslin G3WGN <david@aslinvc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:36:12 +0000
Love that analysis Brian.  Even though it's on an unmeasured distribution and
other factors will be at play (I'd add voice characteristics and call timing to
those you noted) it gives guidance as to how much effort to put into the
station system.
At the practical level, in addition to antenna changes, many folks can get that
0.5dB (or more) from better coax choices.  I'm amazed how many still choose
RG213 without taking into account how much they are throwing away at 15m or
higher bands...
73, David G3WGN  M6O