Re: [TowerTalk] Why preload guy lines?

To: "Floyd Sense" <fsense@copper.net>, <K7LXC@aol.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why preload guy lines?
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:56:57 +0000
I've been familiar with Loos gauges for years on the boat and now with my guyed
tower.  Tension is tension and it won't make a bit of difference what the
material of construction is.  If you know the way the gauge works, a
precalibrated spring/level is used to measure the tension.  The tension in a
sailboat mast guy is the same as a tension in a tower guy.  Use the Loos gauge
with no qualms; you're doing it the right way then.  Phil  KB9CRY