Re: [TowerTalk] Our club's (W8UM) new tower and antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Our club's (W8UM) new tower and antennas
From: kr7x@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:17:16 +0000
Carl and TT:

The dead load of the tower section for the 40' is a minor factor in this case.
The max vertical load comes from the vertical guy force vectors not the weight
of the tower in this case.

40' of 25 is 160 lbs., 40' of 45 is 280 lbs, and 40' of 55 is 380 lbs. The max
worst case vertical load is 5800 lbs w/o the tower dead load. That makes the 55
about 7% of the vertical load. The others are even less. Choice of tower
section is not a "make or break" for the vertical load applied to the roof by
the tower system in this case.

Every installation has its own set of parameters to be considered. There is no
silver bullet that can be applied to all situations. Each will be unique in its
own way.

I wish the U of M the best of luck in upcoming contest season.

Regards
Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.
H.S. Lonberg, P.E.,S.E.
President