Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendation for mast on bottom mount rotator

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendation for mast on bottom mount rotator
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:30:59 +0000
TT:

Jim Lux wrote:

> I wonder if you could use those inexpensive 4' fiberglass mast
> sections.  They have keyed interconnections, so, can transmit a torque.

I have several of those mast sections and the bottom of the next upper section
is smooth.  That is, the splines from the lower section do NOT engae matching
splines above them.  See
http://cgi.ebay.com/COUPLING-SECTION-FOR-BASE-ANTENNA-MAST-SECTIONS_W0QQitemZ120031615297QQihZ002QQcategoryZ4672QQcmdZViewItem
  for a photo of the spline piece separate from the fiberglass section.  This
piece enters the next section and can rotate freely, given enough torque on the
pieces.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F