[TowerTalk] QST article on how to put up a tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] QST article on how to put up a tower
From: MoweryJD@NSWC.NAVY.MIL (Mowery Joseph D DLVA)
Date: Fri Jun 20 13:14:06 2003
All,
        Rebar should not be welded at any time.  This will affect the
material properties of the rebar and will invalidate any calculations for
the structural integrity of the rebar cage.  Rebar must be tied with metal
wire to specific twists and length.  If you want a ground at your tower.
Buy some 8ft ground rods and drive them in.  Or, install ground radials.
But, please don't weld the cage.  Your inspector will thank you and you will
save money by not building it again.

v/r,
Joe
AG4BW