[TowerTalk] Tubing for antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tubing for antennas
From: ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk (Ron Stone)
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 22:40:14 +0100
Gentlemen

I have a problem. I thought that I had a tubing order all sewn up with
Texas Towers, who do not normally export, and would not accept a credit
card from the UK. I got a friend (N3JT - who has been extremely helpful)
to offer payment with his card and have the goods shipped to
Bensenville, Illinois where the consignment will be loaded. Now it
transpires that Texas Towers will not ship to an address other than on
the card.

I won't pursue the logic of this, given that Cable X-perts, M squared,
Force 12 and a couple of others are all prepared to ship to me and for
me to pay with my UK Visa card. I presume that the owner of Texas Towers
has had a problem with export at some time and that is that.

Anyway, I'm now looking for the following tubing, all .058 wall, in the
following sizes in 6061-T832, in 6 foot lengths.

2-1/8"  24ft
2"      30
1-7/8"  36
1-3/4"  12
1-5/8"  6
1-1/8"  42
1"      78
7/8"    84
3/4"    36
3/8     12

If anyone can suggest a source of this at a reasonable price, near
Illinois preferably, will they please Email me.

We cannot get .058 wall tubing over here. Looks like my 20m monobander
project is going to bite the dust unless I can get some help on this.

73 de GW3YDX

Phone - (44) 1691 831111
Fax   - (44) 1691 831386

--