[TowerTalk] Additional Source of base bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Additional Source of base bolts
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:25:12 -0400 (EDT)
Many years ago when I first moved locations I wrote Lou Tristao about
getting another set of long J bolts.  He said try the local hardware store
and get 1" universal bolt.  I have moved the tower 3 more times and always
find 1" bolt.

Usually the larger hardware stores have the bolt or check with home depot.
McMaster-Carr is another good source.  The bolt comes in 3, 4 ,or 5' lengths
and Lou recommended bending the bottom into an L so you have 4.5' (4'6")
straight and the last 6" are bent at right angle (thus the L).
These are usually galvanized, too!

This a much cheaper way than buying the bolts from US Tower et al and you
save shipping too.

Dave K4JRB