[TowerTalk] Rotor Plate Advice

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Plate Advice
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 10:06:01 -0500
Your advice please....

I want to mount a HAM IV lower in the 25G tower other than at the top shelf
of a "pointy-top" tower.  A standard Rohn 25G rotor plate does not fit
anyplace except at the top or between sections of tower.  One can build a
rotor plate to fit on to the rungs of the tower, but that solution my not be
a good deal.  With the torque applied and the all the mechanical
issues...with the welds on the rungs and diagonal pieces eventually bust?
What have you guys and gals done out there concerning this issue.   Comments
are welcome to me and the whole reflector because there are other people out
there asking me the same questions.

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net