Re: [TowerTalk] aluminum tube and pipe

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] aluminum tube and pipe
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:41:01 -0500 (CDT)
I have been wary of ordering tubing from McMaster-carr or many of the other
industrial places... if you look you will see that they don't specify that the
tubing is seamless, it is also not one of the common antenna tempers like t6 or
t832.  they also only have 6' lengths listed unless longer stuff is elsewhere.
I prefer to go to a supplier like marmon-keystone:

https://www.marmonkeystone.com/ecomm/servlet/ProductSearchServlet?producttypeid=1&producttype=alumseamless#top

if you use their search app you can see that they break down tubing by welded
or seamless and its all t6.  they also have longer lengths, up to 24' I think
for aluminum... and at least they used to have free delivery at least in some
areas.  and they offer services like swaging, though I have never used them for
that.

Sep 17, 2014 01:11:45 PM, k5gak@powerc.net wrote:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-aluminum-hollow-tubing/=trilat