Re: [TowerTalk] Re: linear loading

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: linear loading
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:02:39 EST
In a message dated 11/5/03 12:06:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
corneliuspaul@gmx.net writes:

>>But ON4UN also recommends linear loading AT THE BASE of a vertical
to be BETTER (less ohmic loss) than a loading coil at the base...?

Isnt that to the contrary of what you 2 wrote?

73 Con DF4SA<<

I wonder if it is more due to the difference in size of wire used in them
(ohmic loses), or sort of linear loading that is arranged in the way that
contributes to radiation.
I would use minimum coil or loading at the base just to match the impedance
to 50 ohms and do the loading as far away as possible from the feedpoint.
The final "judge" is the field strength measured.

Yuri