Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS
From: "jcjacobsen@q.com" <jcjacobsen@q.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:13:41 -0400 (EDT)
How do to all,

Another "interesting" thread. KK9A made an interesting point:

"I have stacked homebrew OWA monobanders on most bands, two of them have 60'
booms. I am not on the ARRL DXCC honor roll or anywhere close. Honor roll
is not a way to evaluate antenna performance.

John KK9A"

I remember reading...YEARS ago (OK, so I'm old also)about someone who was on
the Honor Roll using a Collins 75A4, a Johnson Ranger, and a 260 FOOT long
wire. I believe his total on 160 was also very high......... OH, and again if I
remember correctly, it was all on CW............ The propagation Gods sure
level the playing field.

In closing, use what ya got............. but use it. GET ON THE AIR!!. Quit
worrying abut the last .5db of gain.

73
K9WN Jake