[TowerTalk] Feedline pipe or tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feedline pipe or tubing
From: Kevin Hemsley" <kev@ida.net (Kevin Hemsley)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:11:18 -0600
I am planning on trenching out to the new tower this weekend and need to
decide on what type of pipe to lay.  The cost is about the same at Home
Depot (about $35/100') for either corrugated flexible 4" tubing or 3"
PVC-like drain pipe.  The drain pipe has bell ends making them easy to
install, but they are 3" diameter.  The flexible tubing would be very easy
to lay and give plenty of room with its 4" diameter, but it is corrugated,
and I'm not sure if it will be a problem when pulling hardline and cable.
The flexible tubing comes in both solid, and slotted with lots of holes.  I
am torn between the 4" tubing, and the 3" pipe.  I would appreciate any
comments on which might be a better choice.  Do I need to try and grade the
pipe and put in a drain somewhere, or will it be okay if waterproofed on
each end.  Also, will there be much condensation?

Thanks,
                Kevin

-----