RE: [TowerTalk] Rotator for MA550

To: <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Rotator for MA550
From: "Kim Bottles" <kbottles@rafn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:10:24 -0700
Oh yes, I agree. I tend to leave my various needles cranked down because
I am a coward. (I have a couple of custom square steel tubing needles
that are a bit heavier than the MA550 and I crank them down most of the
time too.)

If I ever manage to find a TriEx Skyneedle I might leave it up with a 4
element SteppIR, but NOT this MA550. It is too light.

I find that for casual hamming the SteppIR's seem to work pretty well at
20-30 feet.  For a contest I might crank it up if it were mild out.

I never leave home with the needle up. Even to go to work.

However for another view of the matter visit:  www.qsl.net/oz5u Stig has
a ton of load on his MA770 and it is windy in Denmark, I have been
there.

Cheers,

Kim - K7IM