Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Dipole Meets High Voltage Electric

To: Bill Aycock <baycock@hughes.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Dipole Meets High Voltage Electric
From: Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 16:33:13 -0800
On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 17:19 -0600, Bill Aycock wrote:
> Roger- How DARE you point out the obvious solution?
>
> I read a couple of the posts on this thread- decided it was obvious
> and trivial- Then deleted MANY, and accidently looked at this one.
>
> Sheesh, indeed!
>
> Have fun-Bill-W4BSG

Using insulated wire is certainly an option.  This is the first HF
antenna I've put up so I'm just beginning to explore what is available
in terms of materials.  The use of insulated wire begs a couple of
questions I've been looking into.

Is insulated copper coated steel wire available to minimize stretching
under tension?

What insulation materials will hold up through a long period of UV
exposure?

As a beginner here all of the information I'm looking for isn't
immediately at my finger tips.  That's why I'm looking into a number of
options and asking questions.

Thanks!

-Jeff
KE7FRJ