Re: [TowerTalk] coax in conduit

To: jimjarvis@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax in conduit
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:01:05 -0800 (PST)
Jim Jarvis said:

> I agree that it's preferrable to run cables in conduit.
>
> But how do you do that, when the antenna is 200' up a hill,
> and 350 horizontally away, with portions of shear rock ledge
> exposed, and a 60 degree slope in places?

Some people have used flexible 1/2 inch or 5/8 inch black
plastic irrigation tubing.  The unknown is whether the critters
can and will chew thru the tubing and get their teeth into
the coax itself.

You can also try flexible plastic conduit, or even flexible
metal conduit.

Rick N6RK
(whose 1/4 mile long property slopes 5 feet front/back :-)