Re: [TowerTalk] 2 element quad on a 17.5' roof tower?

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 element quad on a 17.5' roof tower?
From: "Kostas Stamatis" <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:15:55 +0300
I had mine (LBA quad) on this height (20 feet) for a long time. No problem
except the high angle. I would say that the ant performs 100% until 5000 km
and it is working 80% over there. The difference is in distances over
10000-11000 km where the signals would have been low if you had it at 30
feet. On 17 feet you will not hear them at all under the same propagation.
But always exists a better propagation...
73 Kostas SV1DPI