[TowerTalk] Type N and PL-259 Connectors for Belden 9913 Flex

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Type N and PL-259 Connectors for Belden 9913 Flex
From: Jeff Stevens <jeff@mossycup.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:44:32 -0700
I'm looking to do some runs of 9913 flex: a run from my shack to the
roof (through the attic) for VHF/UHF and another run (likely through
conduit) to an HF wire antenna in the pasture.

Until now, most of my work has been with RG-8X type cable with PL
connectors (and reducer).

Some sources I've come across say that I can use "standard" PL / Type N
connectors with 9913 flex while others suggest I need to use connectors
specific to 9913.  Can someone give me the straight scoop?  Can I use
"standard" RG-8 type sized connectors with 9913 flex or do I need
"special" connectors?

-Jeff
KE7FRJ