Re: [TowerTalk] Faraday Cage

To: warrenwolff@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Faraday Cage
From: Bill MacLane <ai4wm@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:57:38 -0700 (PDT)
I do not know the maximum spacing.  I guess it is just
like anything else with RF frequency and field
strength dependent.  I used one designed by one of our
consulting engineers to keep FRI out of the FM
automation back in the late 70s.  It was just like
insect screen except it was gold plated copper screen.
 Yep, gold plated and very very expensive, looked
funny, but it worked.

73,
Bill
--- warrenwolff@aol.com wrote:

> This cage idea has always intrigued me.
>
> The copper mesh may be the cheapest and easiest way
> to accomplish such an arrangement, BUT, it there a
> maximum mesh size?
>
> It seems that one might find it just as effective to
> run
> a? "nest" of copper wires, say 3 feet (or other)
> apart
> and accomplish the same thing.
>

> Warren; W7WY

Bill