[Towertalk] Clever Engineering and Web Help Wanted

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Clever Engineering and Web Help Wanted
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:58:00 EST
Greetings, TowerTalkians --

    This is off-topic but is something that will benefit anyone involved in
tower/antenna systems.

    As some of you know, I have a company, Champion Radio Products
( <A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.championradio.com</A> ) that
sells towers and products used in tower construction; i.e. safety equipment,
rigging gear, etc. I'm adding carbon alloy steel and 4130 chromoly masts to
my products.

    I sell a nifty little program called MARC (Mast, Antenna and Rotator
Calculator) that primarily calculates bending moments of loads on masts. You
put in the antenna loads and spacing along with the windspeed spec and MARC
will tell you what the bending moment is and what material dimensions and
yield strength that will handle that situation. The calculations are based on
Dave Leeson's, W6NL, chapter from his "Physical Design of Yagi Antennas"
book. MARC is a compiled program so it's not possible to just put it on the
website (at least that's what I've been told).

    I want to have this function on the website so that everyone can use it
to plan and purchase the right mast. Is there someone out there who can do
this for me? Is this a java ap or what? I will be happy to pay someone to
come up with this and include a FREE lifetime subscription to TowerTalk as
well - hi.  Tnx!

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
Champion Radio Products