Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rebuild

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rebuild
From: tommy@k6ye.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 18:48:29 -0600
Howie and Kris,

Thanks, so much, for the C4 data. I have a C4-XLD that has been down since 2015. I know that the element tips for the 40 meters reflector need replacing. I am pondering:

       1. Adding a third element for 40
       2. Replacing the linear loading with coils.
3. Removing the 40 meter elements altogether and placing a Hy-gain Discover 7-3 above it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for your previous help.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS and CW RULES

On 2019-12-22 16:47, N5KM - Kris wrote:
Hi Howie,

Good info in your write-up. Thanks for the alumoweld source.
Bill, W2AY, also provided that link. I had checked the various wire sources
but didn't think of MFJ/Hy-Gain.

Re: seized standoffs. I had checked with Tom N6BT but he said they weren't
available anymore. He suggested hex standoffs. I found some of the
appropriate size
from McMasters. I'll be using liberal amounts of anti-seize.

BTW, this is being rebuilt as a 30m yagi to be side-mounted at 55 ft.

73,
Kris N5KM

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 14:59:37 -0500
From: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com

Hi Kris,

I went through this a few years back and published a blog on the process
including links to materials:

https://proaudioeng.com/force-12-c-4sxl-rebuild/

Good luck and have fun!? I did...
Howie / WA4PSC