Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800DXA Not Rotating

To: "<TOWERTALK@contesting.com> <towertalk@contesting.com>" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-2800DXA Not Rotating
From: Paul Price <k5hsv@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:19:57 -0700 (PDT)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 11, 2009, at 2:09 PM, "Paul Price Jr." <k5hsv@yahoo.com> wrote:

Gosh Brad,

You know, I took your advice and had the XYL press the left and right (CCW &CW)
switch on the control box to rotate the beam. I ran outside with the binoculars
to watch for hangs, kinks or anything that sounded bad. To my amazement and
being thankful for prayer answered, the TH-11DX was turning at full speed. It
made the total rotation range: 450° path before stopping. The problem has to be
in the control box for sure. I'll pull it apart and take a look inside on my
next day off. I will say that the control box motor is very quiet and may be
the issue. I can only hope it's the O-ring belt that slipped of or something as
simple. I'll keep you and others on Tower Talk posted when I get to the bottom
of the problem completely. Thanks Brad for the advice to look at the control
box.

Best of 73s,
Paul - <k5hsv@arrl.net>