Re: [TowerTalk] LRC - Lightning Retardant Cable

To: Martin Sole <hs0zed@csloxinfo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LRC - Lightning Retardant Cable
From: Joseph or Ruth Patrick <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:49:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Martin

Well it looks good on paper, but I have my doubts as to how much more
protection
the cable will provide vs the cost of it. I would assume it costs more.
For submersible pump applications it may do some good. Their words not mine. As
far as the rest of the claims I have some doubts. Your Satellite dish should be
protected with a device such as Polyphaser makes. I use an SOV at the main
power feed coming into the house, a SPG for all electronic stuff in the shack,
Polyphasers on all feed lines. Delta makes an SOV package that comes with main
feed power protection and a telephone SOV, The flat screens have standard MOV"S
on all of them. All Towers/antennas are properly grounded and tied to the SPG.
One thing for sure if lightning strikes and the right conditions are present.
There is not much chance of saving things. On the other hand there are plenty
of
facilities that run 24/7 and never have a problem.
I say do as much as you can to prepare and the rest is up to Mother Nature.
JMHO
of course. Good Luck.

 73 DE K4XZ Joe Patrick
God Made Man