[TowerTalk] A3S 20 Meter troubles

To: Tower Talk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A3S 20 Meter troubles
From: jtuel@everestkc.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 14:48:17 -0500
Hello all,

I just put up an A3S on top of my new 40 ft tower.  It is a used A3S and it was
reported to work well prior to me getting it last fall.

When I test it against my G5RV, the G5RV is a little better on 20 meters... The
tribander is excelent on 15...

I have good directivity, good nulls when I rotate it, but the SWR is high and
again, the G5RV transmits and receives better.

>From what I understand, the antenna does not have 20m traps to fail or get
>clogged...

I verified the element spacing and lentgths are correct, but the antenna is not
good on 20m...

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Josh - KB0GUS