[TowerTalk] Isolated tower ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Isolated tower ground
From: "Mario" <marionow@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:56:18 -0400
Hello everybody,

I plan to erect the new tower. It would be a 60' + 10' mast on the top.
Currently working on grounding system for station and I came across a lot of
posts and articles.  My initial plan was to bond the tower with the house
grounding system and entrance point, until I have found W8JI article about
grounding station http://www.w8ji.com/house_ground_layouts.htm . He says:

"If the tower or antenna is near the house, it is better to bond it in. If
the tower if more than 50 feet away, it might as well be isolated on its own
ground because the impedance will likely be too high to be an effective
bond."

In my case the tower would be 170+ feet away from the house. Just looking
for other opinions/thoughts.

Thanks

73,

Mario