Re: [TowerTalk] Analyzer and AIM comments to Jim Lux

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Analyzer and AIM comments to Jim Lux
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:59:48 -0400 (EDT)

-----Original Message-----

Heck, they've published multiple ap notes on it, and folks have written entire
books, and doctoral dissertations on it.  It's a very big deal in the microwave
area where you are pushing the state of the art.  For instance, last year, I
had to design and build a system that could generate pulses at 35GHz that were
phase stable to hundredths of a degree over a 1 millisecond time span. The most
challenging part was figuring out how to prove that it actually met the spec.
(and, to be honest, I'm not sure we were actually able to do that.. it's at the
limits of what's measurable from a laws of physics standpoint)

Jim, W6RMK