[TowerTalk] Re: Ground rod material

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Ground rod material
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 14:41:45 2003
In a message dated 1/29/03 7:25:00 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
ccc@space.mit.edu writes:

<< At 7:59 AM -0500 1/29/03, Mark N1LO wrote:
 >...It seems that copper ground rods last longer in alkaline soil and
 >galvanized rods last longer in acid soil. >>

I have never used galvanized ground rods.  I use 1/2 inch copper pipe.
Recently I had some excavation done and one of the ten foot copper pipes was
ripped up by a front end loader by mistake.  After five years buried in
Florida's very acidic swamp soil the pipe looked almost like new.

Bill K4XS