[TowerTalk] Yagi Balun

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yagi Balun
From: <walnutcreek@appstate.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:27:47 -0400
I beg to differ...
I changed the baluns on my Telrex Monobanders, and a TB5EM to 1:1 Ferrite Choke
Baluns that I built and they are working great with a 1:1 SWR and a max at band
edge of 1.6:1 SWR.  They're all down and in stroage right now....moved.
Worked for me, just my experience.
73 from afar,
Cam WA4JKW

I do believe that the Telrex monoband yagis employed the use of a T match in
the driven element.  The impedance of a T match is not 50 ohms but 400 to
600 ohms.  You would probably need a 9:1 Balun.  A 1:1 Balun will not work.

Bob W6TR