[TowerTalk] insulated wire wrapped-back

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] insulated wire wrapped-back
From: psoper@encore.com (Pete Soper)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 15:12:47 EST
Hi Dave,

For there to be arcing there'd have to be a large potential difference
which would imply that the folded back part is really an extension of the
element, right?. I think it isn't, but instead is mostly like a "fattening"
of the element with close to the same currents induced in it as in the wire
alongside.

I practice this damnable act but don't think it's as poor as having to
add wire to a too-short element.

Regards,
Pete
KS4XG (whole lotta wire in the air but having tower dreams)