[TowerTalk] Butternut Verticals Status/History

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Butternut Verticals Status/History
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:45:18 EDT
Hi Lane, Butternut was bought out by Bencher some 2-3 years ago.   Based on a
survey here about 6 months ago, it appeared that Butternut is still rated
highly.  Hope that helps.  Regards,  Steve Davis,  K1PEK,  DAVIS RF Co.
---------------------
DAVIS RF Co., commercial wire and cable, custom cable design.  Discounts to
hams.  Heliax, LMR, RFS, Belden, Poly Phaser Lightning Protection Devices.
Various aerial wiring; transmission lines, insulators, baluns, RF connectors
and Dacron rope.  www.davisRF.com .  1-800-328-4773, (For all RF hardline
related items, please ask for Steve Davis)   Thank you!
"The Triad":  Davis RF Co.; Orion Wire Corp.; and The Wire Man, Inc.:
Variegated expertise; resources and buying power yielding numerous quality
products at highly competitive pricing.

In a message dated 6/9/99 11:30:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, zeitler@ibm.net
writes:

<< Just curious but I remember buying a new Butternut HF6V vertical in 1984
 from the Wickliffe, Ohio AES store. Was wondering whatever happened to the
 original  owners/founders of the company down in Texas? That antenna served
 me well for many years up until I left for the Navy. I guess it has been
 reported that it is not all that efficient on 80 meters but I sure remember
 it working well on that band.

 73s

 Lane
 Ku7i