[TowerTalk] Inverted L Question

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inverted L Question
From: DENNIS BRICKEY <n4dd@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:58:06 -0400 (EDT)

I realize this is not a tower question, but the antenna gurus hang out here.
Hopefully some bandwidth can be tollerated for an antenna question.

I am working on a 160 meter inverted L and having some difficulty getting the
match correct.  I'd appreciate any input.

175' total wire length.....100' vertical 75' sloping horizontal

23 (qty) 130' radials.

Fed with 75 ohm cable hardline through a variable capacitor.

I've trimmed and extended the vertical section and adjusted the cap with each
length change.  The low swr point is always 2.8:1.  Essentially the only thing
changing is how

much the capacitor meshes.

I started with 16 radials and thought adding more would help the match, but it
has not changed.

Any Ideas?

All advice appreciated.

Thanks,