Re: [TowerTalk] HDR-300 wiring

To: Rick Craig <rick.craig@n6nd.com>, TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDR-300 wiring
From: al_n6ta@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:00:22 +0000 (UTC)

Rick,

Your observations are helpful.  I did reverse these two pins 9 and 10 and now
have readings but they are way off, ranging from 328 to 870!  Yes, 870.  That
indicates the shaft traveled some 540 degrees, verified by eyeball.  It would
have been more had I not stopped short of using up all the slack in the loops.
So, it seems that the limit switch in at least one direction did not stop the
motor before it went too far.  Now, when I try to reverse direction, I cannot
get very far before the other limit switch actuates, stopping rotation.
Probably going back thru a switch and then hitting the otherI had inspected the
gears on the limit switch actuator and found good gear engagement, nothing
looking funny.  I did not check the setscrew on the gear but doubt it is loose.

Given this, has anyone seen the rotor 'coast' by the limit switches and how
does one prevent it or adjust it, if there is an adjustment.  Yeah, I know I
can always ensure I stop short of the limit.  I assume I will need to somehow
reset the physical calibration of the pot to the limit switch actuator
position.  The manual does not give the resistance readings for full CCW or
full CW.  It simpl y states the range of readings making me guess.  Also, my
control board is the original.  Not the one that allows a North centered or
South centered option.  The manual is not very specific and led me to believe I
need to see 180 degrees with the rotation in the halfway position.