Rotating Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Rotating Tower
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:47:04 -0400
At 03:06 PM 6/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>     I am in the process of designing a rotating Rohn 55 tower.
>
>     Anyone have any suggestions on an appropriate (and safe) bearing to
>     use?  I have looked into good quality, self-aligning, Browning tapered
>     roller bearings.  These bearings are very heavy duty and have
>     excellent thrust ratings.  They will, no doubt, do the job but they
>     come with a hefty price tag...$375 + shipping for one with a 2.5"
>     shaft size.

Another company that was selling a rotating tower was Tri-Ex.  The towers
come in 120, 130, and 140' sizes.  They sell the complete system including
the base rotor and all guy material as the Clement Tower...my lit said it
was $8,000 list about 10 years ago.   Uses the T-20 sections which are
slightly bigger than 55G.

Looks good but expensive if still being sold.

Dave K4JRB