Lifting a lot of weight?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Lifting a lot of weight?
From: rhummel@monad.net (Rob Hummel)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:25:18 -0400 (EDT)
>The
>"pully" on my gin pole was less than useless.  Another pully I mounted on
>the side of the tower near the top was better but I still couldn't lift the
>antenna at all.
>
>I went to the hardware store and didn't see a block and tackle.  Not sure I
>would know what to do with it if I had one!  :)

A source for alternative heavy equipment is your local lumberjack store.
I use a vy hvy pulley called a snatch block. It's enclosed, but can be
opened to slip a rope or cable directly into the pulley path -- no
threading. And because they're designed to pull down trees and haul logs,
they're built to take it. Mine weighs about 40#, but then again, I pull down
trees!
 Rob Hummel (WS1A) <rhummel@monad.net>