Walk Under Guy Anchors:

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Walk Under Guy Anchors:
From: n4si@techinter.com (n4si)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:10:19 +0000
> Question:  Any suggestion on how to best adapt 4.5 inch pipe anchors for
> attaching the Jaw of the 1/2 in x 12 turnbuckles.?

I'll let Steve do the math part.

In a magazine several years ago, I recall seeing someone order 2
extra sets of equalizer plates (the triangular things with holes for
either 3 or 5 sets of guys) from Rohn. They then welded a single
plate (the edge with the multiple holes) to the post, and attached a
regular set of plates to that plate with the included bolt. Still
worked as an equalizer plate, too.

Another method is to drill holes in the pipe, and install eye bolts
for turnbuckle attachment. WARNING: use forged eyebolts. Do not use
eyebolts that have the eye mandrel-formed. There are a couple of
horror stories around about those opening up under stress.

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996