Radial wire plows

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Radial wire plows
From: weightdn@bright.net (Mike Rhodes)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 17:43:32 -0500
  I too have used the lawn-edger method although I only had a small
electric trimmer to use. It was certainly the easiest of the several
methods I have tried, including a 10 inch diameter 'pizza cutter', ax, and
fastened to the ground with hairpins. The pizza cutter was not too bad but
not nearly as easy as I had hoped. Also, the groove made by it was packed
on the edges and thus did not want to close up or 'heal' well. The lawn
edger groove is relatively jagged and thus closes well by simply walking on
it (assuming damp ground of course). Went thru a BUNCH of hairpins and then
immediately got my clumsy feet tangled in one of the newly placed radials
so that ended that adventure! Have not looked at a gas powered edger but
the blades on the electric trimmer are a little too short to geive a
consistent groove on 'choppy' terrain. However, after a couple trips across
the lawn, I can just about guarantee that the creative juices will be
flowing and you will be looking for a sacrificial edger to turn into a
fulltime radial plow!

73 de Mike / W8DN
weightdn@bright.net
Celina, OH